Mr. McPhail has, for more than 20 years, concentrated his practice in the defense of complex litigation and trial work throughout Oklahoma, with a primary emphasis in the defense of litigation involving health care providers. Mr. McPhail’s practice includes the defense of long term care and skilled nursing facilities, assisted living centers, hospices, hospitals and surgery centers, pharmacies and pharmaceutical vendors, physicians, dentists and other allied health care professionals in district court medical liability actions and trials involving personal injury and wrongful death. He represents manufacturers and distributors in health product liability litigation, as well as health care professionals and entities in licensure disputes, other administrative matters before state agencies, and hospital board actions. He represents health care entities and professionals through an insurance defense practice, as well as directly against self-insured or uninsured medical liability risks. He has been an instructor for continuing legal and medical education in health law and trial practice, medical mock trials, proctoring of medical residents in medical/legal internships, use of technology in litigation, and other risk management practices geared toward the health care environment.
- University of Oklahoma (B.B.A. 1986)
- University of Oklahoma (J.D. 1989) Note Editor, Oklahoma Law Review (1987-1989)
Licensed and admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in Oklahoma.
- American and Oklahoma Bar Associations
- American Association for Justice
- Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel (Board of Directors, 2008-2010)
- Oklahoma Health Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity International