Mr. Branscum’s background in civil litigation includes over 20 years of courtroom experience. His practice is focused on catastrophic injury and professional liability claims of all types, with special emphasis on birth-related injuries. Mr. Branscum has tried multiple birth injury and catastrophic injury products liability cases to successful verdicts. Additional practice areas include legal malpractice and bad faith litigation. Mr. Branscum is frequently asked to lecture to physicians, nurses and claims professionals on aspects of loss prevention related to obstetrical and neonatal care. He is the author of a scholarly article on hospital law, and has been invited by the Oklahoma Bar Association on a number of occasions to give CLE lectures in the area of medical malpractice litigation.
- St. Olaf College (B.A. 1983)
- University of Oklahoma (J.D. 1986)
Licensed and admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in
Oklahoma and the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.
- American Board of Trial Advocates, (2013-Present)
- American and Oklahoma Bar Associations
- Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel
- Volunteer, Oklahoma Lawyers for Children